A grid is an arrangement of crystals that focus on Universal Life Force energy for your intention or purpose. Each part of the grid plays a specific role in achieving that. Crystals are effective to use on their own. But when combined with a crystal grid, the effects can be very powerful. In this post, I’ll be explaining how to create a basic crystal grid you can use for anything.
The first rule of working with crystals is to use your intuition. This is true for knowing which one to choose, when to cleanse them, and it also applies to grids. But, the more you learn about crystals and grids and their metaphysical properties, the more you will be able to validate your intuition.
A basic grid
The first thing you need to do is get clear on your intention or purpose. You may want to spend some time meditating or doing some grounding work on yourself to ensure you are fully focussed and concentrating on your intention – what is it that you’re wanting to use the grid for? Manifesting, healing, protection, etc.
Once you have decided on your intention, a good idea is to write it down and you can place it under or near your grid. Make sure you choose a space for your grid that allows energy to flow freely. It should be in an open space and if possible expose it to all of the elements – light a candle, have some water nearby and a plant or flowers (of course).
To create a basic grid you will need about 3-5 types of crystals arranged in a layered circle and follow the following steps:
- Centre/Focus crystal – This crystal is chosen based on your intuition. It is usually a Quartz crystal such as Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz or Amethyst. You may want to have each of them around you and pick the one that resonates with you the most. It should be a fairly good size in proportion to your other crystals. This crystal will be used to collect the Universal Life Force energy and channel it through your grid.
- Surrounding/Way crystals – The next layer is used as a conduit for the energy to run along the grid ‘pathways’. They will be smaller crystals than the centre one and are usually a strong colour. They represent getting from your starting point to the destination. To help you choose these crystals, think about what your biggest challenges may be or what you need to reach your goal.
- Spirit crystals – This is an optional layer if you want to call upon the help of any guides (angels, goddesses) to help you with your intention. These crystals will be selected based on the personality of the guide you are calling upon such as using Rose Quartz for the goddess Aphrodite (love).
- Intention/Desire crystals – This layer is the made up of the actual crystal you would have used if you were just using one crystal. It is used to collect and refine the energy of the other crystals and reflect the end desire.
- Outer perimeter – Another optional layer but I always think it is necessary. This layer will protect your grid against negative influences. Black Tourmaline is a good choice for this one.
There is no right or wrong way on how to create your layers. Some practitioners begin outside in and others pick the centre crystal first. As you become familiar with using grids, you will find the method that suits you best.
Activating your grid
Once you have created your grid and are happy with it, place your hands over the centre crystal and close your eyes. Think about your intention/purpose and say it aloud. Imagine Universal love and light flowing through you to your centre crystal and out to the other layers. Allow yourself to resonate with the frequency of your grid. You may also want to follow the path of your grid with a wand or your hand.
Sacred Geometry can be referred to as “patterns of life”. Found in nature, mathematics, music architecture, art and used for meditation, they are the various shapes that are the building blocks of existence. Although some of these shapes may be familiar to you as religious symbols, their origin is secular.
There are many Sacred Geometry designs and various ones will be used for different purposes when gridding. You can either print out a grid (they are also available on cloth/material) and lay your crystals on them Some examples of their different purposes include:
- Spiral – Used for expansion and growth.
- The Vesica Piscis – Helps with reconnection.
- Seed of Life – Used for manifesting.
- Triquetra or Tripod of Life – For seeking balance and for creative endevours.
There are many more types of designs used for crystal grids and I go through these in my Crystal Workshop. If you’d like to know more, contact me to find out when the next one is being held.