Your home is a reflection of your life! So you want to clear your home of negative vibes regularly.
This is even more important if you are feeling stuck or stagnant in your life and want to attract higher frequency into your life. A good place to start attracting more positivity is with the space you live in.
I know this can be particularly difficult for some people but it is important to regularly remove items in your home that no longer serve you purpose or align with your vision or values. If you are unsure a good tip is to hold the item in your hands, close your eyes and try to tap into your intuition or ‘gut feeling’ and get a sense of how the item makes you feel. If you feel good about it, keep it and if you feel negative, then get rid of it. If you’re really unsure, keep on to it and come back to it at a later time when you’re in a clearer headspace.
I’m a big supporter of more natural choices for home cleaning. We are exposed to so many toxins in our environments already that when we have the opportunity to control it, it’s a good idea to manage what you breathe in, consume or put on your skin.
So, cleaning your space is your next step and after doing this and decluttering, I guarantee the energy will already be much more positive in your home.
Once your home is physically cleansed, it is time to do an energetic cleansing. There are a few options on how to do this that have been used since the earliest ancient civilisations. Here is an example of how to use smoke to clear out negative energy. Sage, incense or Palo Santo are commonly used for smudging the home. You may want to use a kit, like the one availble in my Shop.
- Open all your doors and a few windows too.
- Set your intention – create a mantra and repeat it while you’re smudging. One of my favourites is “Fill this home with love, light and positive energy. This vibration is welcome in this space.”
- Light the ends of your Palo Santo, snuff it out and allow the smoke to emit, carrying it into each room and around the corners/borders of the room. Carry your stick in a glass bowl or other appropriate container. I like to use an Abalone shell as this completes the elements of fire, water, air and earth.
- Once you’re done, you can either let it burn out in the centre of your home.
- Wash down any ash. However, it does not burn for very long so you can choose to relight it or save it for next time.
Crystals can raise the vibration of your home. Depending on your intention and purpose in each space, you will want to choose crystals accordingly.
One tip is to use selenite and black tourmaline to border the four corners of your home, protecting it from negativity. I like to place the black tourmaline outside and the selenite inside (it is a more fragile crystal). I also put an extra rod of selenite just above the entry door.
Ensure that you always cleanse and charge your crystals before using them for a new purpose or when you’re also going through the process of cleansing your home.
You may even want to create a crystal grid to amplify the energy and help to physically manifest your intent. But, simply placing relevant crystals around the home can still be effective.
If you want some more advice on crystals or home clearing, feel free to contact me. Reiki is also a powerful tool for cleansing negative energy and is a good option if you have recently moved into a house, have had negative experiences or are selling your home.
In love and light,