Each New Moon will have a theme associated with it depending on the astrological sign it is aligned with.
For example if it is Libra, then it is a good time to focus on relationships. Even if you don’t know exactly what it is that you want, a good place to start is with how you want to feel.
This is a New Moon ritual I like to follow a couple of days leading up to the event:
- Take some time to devote to preparing for the New Moon and prepare a sacred space where you can do this. Begin with smudging/clearing yourself and your space as well as your front door into your house – inviting new manifestations into your life. You can read some more about smudging here.
- Have some water and salt in a bowl nearby and if you can take a bath or a foot bath with some salt.
- Crystal energy will amplify your intention setting. The crystals I like to use for New Moon ritual is clear quartz for energetic cleansing and Moonstone for tapping into our lunar energy. You can read more about using crystals with the Moon phases here.
- Prepare your space by lighting a candle or incense or essential oils. Depending on the situation, you can choose the right one for you: Myrrh and Cypress are good for creating an environment to evaluate choices and reduce the anxiety that comes with transitions. Nutmeg releases negativity and old belief systems and thought patterns. Ginger will help to drive action and reduce procrastination
- You may want to play some meditation music to amplify the energy.
- You are now ready to begin writing your intentions. Use a beautiful notebook or something that makes you feel good when you look at it. The best thing to do if you can during growing season, is use seed paper and then on the night of the New Moon you can plant the paper and watch it grow!
- Start with writing an opening statement like “I accept the following things or something better into my life, for the highest good of myself and for all those concerned.”
- List your intentions and once you are finished, say them aloud along with a little prayer – requesting the assistance of the New Moon to help bring what it is that you want into your life.
- Read your intention each day. Keep it somewhere special, you may even want to place your crystals on top of it. Always end with a note of gratitude.
Following the New Moon you need to commit to your intention and show the Universe you’re willing to do your part too. Pay attention to your thoughts and actions and always ensure they are aligning with your intentions. Most of all stay away from negativity as much as possible – from yourself and others over the next couple of weeks before the next Full Moon. You need to create a positive energy that welcomes new opportunity to come to you.
In love and light,